Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Well...

...Wikipedia details many varied traditions that are around to celebrate May Day, but failed to mention the traditions that Lampeter has, as the third oldest university in England and Wales. Traditionally, members of the 16's society (dashing young gentlemen) perform various drink based activities (including eating a bowl of cereal and Guinness at 8 in the morning) followed by the singing of Christmas carols around campus, and particularly on top of the Norman castle-mound. This is naturally followed by something of a pub crawl (but sadly no Morris dancing). This year, I joined the group for the tour around the fine public houses of Lampeter town. From 3 in the afternoon until 9 this evening. I now plan to eat carrot cake and watch another episode of Brideshead Revisited. *edit* I've just found this on the BBC site. I've sniffed snuff in the past, and plan to do so in the future. Happy May Day all! Technorati Tags: , ,
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?